Jun 11, 2007

Delicious on it's final lap...

There's a feeling you get when you're almost finished with your sweater and all that is left is to seam it up: it's called frustration. This is why I treat myself to a faux pinned up version of the sweater to keep me going.






I really enjoyed making this sweater. The Sublime patterns instructions are very well written and it was almost idiot proof. Which in my case is utterly necessary most of the time. My only problem was that I ran out of yarn on the home stretch binding off the collar. All of that being my fault because I purposely knit the body and cuff ribbing on the size 6 needles instead of the 3s they recommended. I dislike sweaters that start to ride up on your back because the ribbing is too tight.






Although I did spend most of this week working on Delicious, I didn't slave away the entire time. Allen and I went on a "toy crawl"; basically the same idea as a yarn crawl but only with toys and comic book things. We picked up some nerdy Star Wars stamps.





Went to FAO where we saw HUGE lego sized Star Wars and comic book characters.











It was great fun. It's nice to take a break from knitting once in a while. ;D

I've decided to finish up some of my UFOs before starting anything new. Although I did pick up some lace weight Malabrigo in a dark purple recently....

No comments: