Jun 17, 2007

Good things come in tiny packages...

It's small, cute, and looks great in knitted items... it's a baby, of course! Allen's best friend from college just had their first baby, a girl! And as any over obsessed knitter, I must make something for her.

First is the Baby Shrug from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby book. The Point didn't have Cashmerino Aran so I subbed in Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran instead. I'm more than half way done. Only the right front and the ribbing to go.





















The other knitted item are these adorable little baby socks. I can't stand it - they're so cute!

















I also plan on sewing up a changing pad but I have yet to decide on a fabric print(s). I want to stay away from the pink since the shrug is already pink. Maybe something orange or peach?

I was very excited yesterday when I got a chance to go to the Renegade Craft Fair. I didn't make it there til the late afternoon but made some purchases none the less. It was held in the old pool this time and it definitely looked like there were a lot more vendors this year. Thankful, I knew exactly what I wanted: items for the new place and fabric. It took most of my strength not to buy the sock yarn that I spied there. I made my purchases in a rushed, almost panicked hurry because the sky was starting to get gray. And in the end, all that running around paid off - two blocks before I made it back to the train, it started raining. None of my goodies got wet and for the most part, neither did I. Photos of the goods coming up in the next post. Till then, it will be baby knits, aprons, and lace yoked pullovers.

No comments: