Sep 2, 2007

When it rains...it pours.

I finally have a weekend off after working 2 whole weeks straight. Thank god for holidays. Even though I barely had time for sleep, I somehow managed to get a lot done since the last post.

I in love with my new kitchen and it has inspired me to be more of a "chef". First I made some honey mustard wings.










Then I decided to try my hand at brownies with my new Bakers Edge brownie pan. BTW- this pan is worth the investment.













After that, Leia, a girl I worked with at The Point got me hooked on her chili. So of course I had to make my own. Turned out better than I had hoped.













On the knitting front, the end of summer spurred me on to finish at least one summer knit before the hot temps left for the season. So I finished up the Keyhole Top from Spring Interweave. It turned out very nicely, except the yarn sheds like crazy. It's knit with Classic Elite Premiere. 50% Prima Cotton and 50% Tencel. A dream to work with but please carry a lint roller with you when you are done.








































Button detailing.



















After learning that my mother was visiting today, I quickly finished up the last couple of rows on the Brioche scarf I was knitting for her. She loved it. YAY!



















Here are my two lovelies just being goofy.













1 comment:

Heather said...

helloooooo!

Mmmmmmmmmmm brownies!

Your knitting looks lovely :o)

Look how cute your housemates are! I miss mine.