Aug 16, 2007

Back in the Saddle

It's mid August and my last post was more than a month ago. Where has the time gone?!

After closing, I immediately started renovating. It took a total of 3 weeks, 130 dollars in additional cell phone charges, several pimples, and 2 total meltdowns before I finally got to move in at the end of July.

My kitchen went from this:

















to this:


















To this:
















To finally this:






















After I moved in, the first room to be set up was the master bedroom:










There are still some shelves and art to be placed in but for the most part, it's finished. It's a little smaller than I had pictured in my head once all the furniture went into the room but overall I'm very happy with it.






I also got the craft closet I always wanted. It is at maximum capacity right now so I think I might have to rearrange a few things. Here it is in its glory:












9 feet ceiling and the yarn and fabric go all the way to the top and bottom.





















I've been so busy with the apt that I really only worked on one knitting project. A brioche rib scarf for my mother out of Alchemy Migration.











A very simple 1 row repeat with a great yarn will keep any busy knitter entertained for weeks.



I recently purchased the fall Rowan book. Inside was a pattern that I fell in love with: Striven.













Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy all that new yarn to make it so I improvised. I picked up 2 skeins of Schaefer Anne in complementary colors to add to my one skien at home. I dug through the stash for 4 skeins of Jade Sapphire Mahogany 4 ply cashmere and using Ann Budd's Book of Patterns, I am making Striven-ish! Inspired by Striven by made using very different yarns. Pulling both ends of the Anne and alternating every other row, I'm creating a somewhat similar color pattern that Striven has on its front and back panels. My only concern now is running out of yarn!
















Well, that's all for now. I'm off to organize the rest of my apt!

3 comments:

city girl said...

lookin good!

Jessamyn said...

COngratulations! Looks like you're making yourself right at home!

CityMinx said...

looks great! as does the knitting!

can't wait to swing by and see it. one of these years.....