Sep 11, 2006

Adventures of The Queen

I decided to try my hand at dying my own sock yarn. I LOVE IT! I've only done one colorway but I do think I'm hooked. Here is a photo story of the process:


Here is 4 hanks of self striping yarn ready to be dyed.


Here they are drying after being washed.


Here is the yarn driving me bonkers as I try to do a "reverse hank" on the winder.

May I present to you...The Queen colorway01!!

It's black, dark grey, and dark cherry red. The black and grey are very close in color but definately different.



When I finish winding the rest of them, I will be selling 2 hanks (enough for 1 pair of socks). If you're interested, let me know. These are self striping hanks. The next couple of hanks I dye will most likely be varigated, so if you like self striping; pick em up now!


SUBAR (Socked Up Beyond All Recognition)
The Queen colorway01_SS
Merino/Acrylic blend
~185 yards per hank
~50 grams
2 available
$10 each plus $4 S&H

Ok. Off to bed. Rest in peace for all the 9/11 victims.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The colors are wonderful! I don't have the patience to try and dye self striping sock yarn. I'd rather pay someone else to do it for me. :)