Jul 11, 2006

I dream of Yarnie

Brief blog about my complete and utter obsession over yarn. Suss Designs is closing their store in NY. I'm going to miss that place. It was different from every other yarn store in NY. It was big and roomy. It had lots of natural light. It was very natural. It felt like walking into a organic spa... except with yarn.





Now for the obsessive part. They are having a 50 - 70% off sale on EVERYTHING in the store. Right down to the baskets that hold the yarn!



I made out like a bandit.



Most of that is for intended projects. I had no choice but to shop with purpose. It was the only way to keep my purchases down to a respectable level. I did by some strays but I managed to keep them to a minimum.





Beautiful green combed cotton





Alpaca tweed in beige and taupe





Acrylic wool in pinks and greens





Extrafine merino in antique orange





Cream wool



And I couldnt resist these that I have been eyeing since they came into the store a few weeks ago!



I believe that I could regurgitate yarn now. Excuse me while I fondle my new fibers...

No comments: